HerEveryday Directory

Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Leave-in Conditioner

Sooo after searching far and wide for the ingredients of my all natural leave-in conditioner; it is finally concocted. It contains:
-1 cup of purified water
-1/2 cup of aloe vera juice/gel/both->>adds true moisture to the hair strand, and protects from heat damage.
-1/2 cup of coconut milk->>great for rehyrating
-2tbp of vegetable glycerine->>well known humectant that attracts and binds water to themselves;  creates layer of oil over the hair strand.
-1tbsp of avacado oil->>its packed with vitamins a d and e, and contains more potassium than bananas. Quick way to get multiple nutrients onto your scalp for improved hair growth.
-20 drops of tea tree essential oil->>anti-septic, anti- fungal and antibacterial properties, it is a soothing remedy to a dry scalp. A little goes a long way.
-1/4tbsp jamaican black castor oil->>great for thickening dry, brittle thinning hair.
Now I concocted this formula for my own personal needs. I have dry hair and scalp, and my edges are constantly thinning throughout the different hair styles I get. I also have dry and brittle split-ends from time to time. This is why I intended to also inclue jojoba extract, but it is very rare to come by-however, I will add it as well if nd when I fnd it/decide to substitute jojoba oil instead. If you decide to give this a shot, please keep me posted on the process and progress! If you would like to fabricate your own natural hair products, I suggest researching the carrier oil properties, the use, benefits and side effects, as well as proportioning. Good Luck ;D

No comments: